New York University – New York, New York
Masters Candidate in Food Studies – December 2015
Upright Citizen’s Brigade – New York, New York
Improvisation and Sketch Comedy Education
The Evergreen State College - Olympia, Washington
B.A. in French and German Language and Cultural Studies – June 2010
American Anthropological Association Conference – Denver, Colorado
Presenter — Fredagsmys and the Swedish Taco
Savoring Gotham – Oxford University Press
Entry — Smoked Fish, by Hannah Petertil and Mark Russ Federman
Food3 (book title forthcoming) – Inter-Disciplinary Press
Chapter — Brunch: An Argument for American Cuisine
TENT: Food NYC – New York, New York
Fellow — Week long Jewish food conference participant
Food52, New York, New York (January 2015-Current)
Julia Child Writing Fellow (January 2015-June 2015) and Street Food Columnist (September 2015-Current)
• Writing food stories and developing recipes about street food worldwide—based on both travel and research.
• Pitched, researched, wrote, and assisted with photo shoots for sponsored and original content.
• Created and curated content for social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Delish.com, New York, New York (August 2014-June 2015)
• Built site original and aggregated site content—edited, developed, tested, and photographed recipes.
• Pitched, researched, and wrote, original content for feature stories. Built slide shows for sponsored posts.
• Stayed abreast in food news to keep the site up to date and full of viral content.
Taste Savant, New York, New York (June 2014-March 2015)
New York City Editor
• Worked with the COO on upcoming city launches while curating New York area restaurant reviews.
• Promoted and represented Taste Savant at food related events.
• Wrote bi-weekly blog posts about various culinary happenings and restaurants round-ups nation wide.
The Michelin Guide, New York, New York (February 2014-June 2014)
• Fact-checked and investigated restaurants/chefs. Proofread content for the final publication.
• Took and edited a variety of food, landscape, and candid photographs intended for The Guide.
• Provided administrative support, including, but not limited to; organizing, formatting, and filing.
Delish.com, New York, New York (September 2013-December 2013)
Web Editorial Intern
• Worked in a content management system; edited, formatted and published recipes.
• Researched, reported, and crafted original articles for publication across Hearst brands.
• Assisted with promotion of content within the site and with social networking platforms.
L’Education National, Nogaro, France (October 2012-May 2013)
English Language Teaching Assistant
• Created lesson plans and conversation practices for students in 6th to12th grade.
• Collaborated with teachers to create dynamic environments to improve student’s English.
• Inspired students to develop interest in language and foreign culture through practical lessons.
New Seasons, Portland, Oregon
Cheese Clerk (March 2011-September 2012)
• Received and managed inventory and stocked large orders.
• Aided customers in their choices using a vast knowledge of cheese.
Bread Baker (September 2010-May 2011)
• Worked carefully and efficiently at hand shaping large quantities artisan loaves.
• Multi-tasked baking bread and providing high quality customer service.
• Organized, detail oriented, outgoing, personable, quick learner, self-driven.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Google Docs, and various blogging platforms (PC and MAC).
• Knowledgeable in HTML and CSS coding. Experienced in multiple content management systems.
• Competency in all social media platforms. Ability to write and edit scripts for web content.
• Fluent in French. Basic German. Beginning Swedish.